Thursday, June 11, 2015

// #thriftstylethursday // to the max

So happy to be posting for Thrift Style Thursday, even if it is a bit later in the day. Today's theme is brought to us by Megan of Traverse. I had a few maxi options in the form of skirts or dresses, but thought this should be the one I tackle. I picked it up last summer at a yardsale for $1. Really nice quality jersey, bold stripe....with the bottom chopped off! The previous owner was several inches shorter than me ;). No big deal though, this is one of my quickest fixes yet! 

All I did was tie a knot in the bottom to raise up the length of the front. That's it. For now, that's good enough. Later on I may shorten the length a little, give it a hi-low hem, or something....oh, I know! Rounded hem that curves up at each side. Bam!


Threw on a thrifted belt, some old sandals, and I'm ready for a kindergarten picnic at the park :-D


Awkward length. Sorted. Now about those bold stripes....hahaha, may have to get used to this one!

Now go see what the other Thrift Style Thursday ladies have put together for this week...I'm sure they won't disappoint!




9 comments:

  1. I would never have thought of doing that with a hem; it's completely transformed the look of it! And the belt too; great styling!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gema, it needed to be quick as I was running late for the picnic ;)

      Delete
  2. I love your belt choice! I knot the hem of maxis when I need to get around without tripping...and of course to mix things up. :o) The rounded hem idea is going to look great with those stripes!!!

    JJ
    www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm thinking the rounded hem will be fun...now about actually doing it... ;)

      Delete
  3. Hi, I really like this dress and what you did with the awkward length. The belt looked good too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always knot things thinking it will be great because I like the look, but then get annoyed at the feel of it bumping on me all day! :-D Hope you were more successful. This is such a great impact dress it's worth the restyling effort. Xo Jazzy Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you! this one didn't bounce too much...though it really only was for the length of the picnic and we were mostly standing around or sitting ;)

      Delete
  5. I absolutely love this maxi dress on you! The colors are beautiful and the midi length is so fun, especially with the knot at the hem!! What a great way to make a simple maxi more unique - it aaaalmost makes me want to try something like that! ;)

    ReplyDelete