Thursday, April 9, 2015

// #thriftstylethursday // Spring Clean!

So, I've been in Spring Clean mode for several weeks now, and this week's theme from Megan of Traverse is all about pulling out those disused and forgotten thrift pieces for some airing out, and a little style attention ;). Now, normally I would have a pile of items to choose from for a post like this. BUT I've been purging...lots. So, I had a bit of a hard time finding items that  1) I hadn't been wearing, 2) were thrifted, and 3) weren't special occasion dresses that I couldn't possibly wear on a cold, rainy spring day like today...

So, admittedly this outfit is pretty boring, but as I'm a little under the weather and chilling at home, its perfect.


First off, you must note my bandaids...this is what happens every spring when I start to wear flats again and I haven't put those heel rub inserts in my new pair yet :-/. Next, the cozy wrap cardigan: purchased not long ago, and mostly worn here for warmth, but it is the first time I'm wearing it, so there's that.


Next is this top: I found it last summer and thought it'd be such an easy tank top...but then never wore it! So, this is its debut. Also, the color didn't photograph well. It is more of a purpley magenta. I paired it with this pair of thrifted boyfriend jeans. I don't tend to wear lighter wash jeans, or boyfriend jeans, so for those two reasons they've been sitting in a drawer since I bought them last fall. But I am certain they'll start to see the light of day a bit more often. All told I spent $10 on this outfit, so not bad for a day lounging around listening to chill music and thinking about the thousand things I should get done...but they can wait ;).


Here's to feeling 100%, warmer days, more spring cleaning, and further thrifting adventures! Oh, and I posted a DIY Lace Kimono tutorial asking your opinion on how I should finish it off, so click over and share your thoughts! So far I'm debating between a baby/rolled hem, or finishing off the edge with a pretty embroidery stitch. Come chime in :)

Hope you all head over to check out what neglected pieces the other ladies pulled out for today's post. As always, just click on their pictures to head over to their blogs :)





Peace,
Andrea

10 comments:

  1. You do look nice and cozy for a day at home! I love the color of that tank top too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the minimalist style totally works - and in this case it does! When I feel under the weather I dont like getting all dressed up either - glad you still posted this week though!

    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miche, loved your look this week :)

      Delete
  3. You look so comfortable and relaxed. It's a great outfit for lounging around the house. I love your mismatched band-aids too! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the bandaids are evidence of being a mom and only having superheroes and bright colors available ;) Thanks, Carissa!

      Delete
  4. Oooh I love comfy cozy cardigans like that for those early chilly spring days! I could have used one like that today in fact haha! I am all for casual, laid back comfort! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cardigan is pretty great, comfy and I like the short sleeves for not super chilly days :)

      Delete
  5. Nice and comfortable, which is as it should be on a day you're not feeling in top form ... hope you feel better soon, by the way.

    ReplyDelete