Thursday, May 1, 2014

#MMMay14: Day 1

Who here knows what #MMMay14 stands for? Me-Made May 2014!!! It's a month-long challenge to wear your handmade items: knit, crocheted, sewn, refashioned, etc. Hop on over to 'So, Zo...' to get the low-down if you are still kinda lost ;). It's my first year participating and I'm pretty excited to not only challenge myself but to be inspired by all of the creators out there who will be wearing their me-made items!

Confession: I JUST signed up for this challenge!!! (Well, that is, I did earlier this morning when I started writing this post...before my run, thrifting, shower, breakfast, (in that order) picking up son from preschool and the temper tantrum that followed.) Talk about last minute and having to come up with a pledge on the fly...but I picked a very doable pledge and hope to document daily as an added challenge. Here is my official pledge...

'I, Andrea of Little Did You Know (littledyknow.blogspot.com), sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '14. I endeavour to wear 1 refashioned item each day, make 2 'from scratch' pieces for the month, and refashion 10 items for the duration of May 2014'

Apart from my 'official' pledge, I'm thinking I may add a weekly challenge for myself and share that here. I tend to wear some of my refashioned basics everyday (i.e. 'skinnified' jeans/pants), and others not as often, so it'll be a fun month of styling my closet full of refashions :).

To start off the month...

my reversible mini along with a thrifted gray t-shirt and thrifted moccasins. After a couple of cold, rainy, nasty days, we have warm weather and sunny skies. Nothing like a bright floral skirt and bare legs to get me feeling happy again :). Oh, and ignore my overflowing 'stash' suitcase...its an attention seeking little tart! But it may be time for some stash-busting projects. 

And what happened with the tantrum-throwing child, you may be wondering? Well, after having it out for a good long time...

he's rewarding my patience with a bit of peace and quiet ;) And I may just take a nap myself...or maybe I'll sew.

Peace,
Andrea

4 comments:

  1. He fell asleep mid-snack, it looks like. Sounds like someone was hangry, maybe? ;)

    Cute outfit! Looking forward to see what else you come up with this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's a snack right after eating lunch...growth spurt? lol, he was a mess but we made it through! Thanks, Terra, I'm looking forward to what I come up with too ;)

      Delete
  2. Little guy must have been exhausted to fall asleep sitting up!

    Good for you for taking on this challenge! I need to get a few alterations done; that will be my unofficial pledge for May :) Looking forward to seeing what you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was, Jenny, but did move to his bed after a few minutes ;).

      Delete