Monday, May 5, 2014

#MMMay14: Day 5

Day 5!!! And after four days of basics, I decided that today's outfit needed to push the boundaries a bit. I started off with these beautiful bright aqua jeans that I thrifted and altered (waist) several weeks back. I threw on a chambray shirt that I'd also altered slightly and took my son to school, planning to come home and actually plan my outfit a bit better :). I had pulled out this skirt turned top that I refashioned last year as one of the pieces to wear this month and when I looked at it a little more closely I realized that it would go perfectly with my jeans...along with a bright yellow thrifted belt and a thrifted ivory cardi as its a bit windy today. Bright, bold, and I feel so feminine ;).
Love how gathering it in the back with a belt gives a bustle effect! Oh, and the stand-up collar!!!

When you look at the closeup of this top, you'll see that the aqua and yellow are there, along with orange, black, green, etc. Love how I feel in this outfit, and though I initially thought this would only work for fall/winter, I'm finding the floral pattern and the weight of the lined 'skirt' make it perfect for spring weather!

Did anybody spy the pattern pieces in the background of the pics??? Cut out an 80's pattern for a top that I'll be making later today! Can't wait to see how it comes out and hope to wear it tomorrow :) Yay, for my second item made from a pattern! Now, I just have to make it...

What have you made lately? Are you wearing your you-made pieces this month?? I'd love to see pics of you all in your you-made items, so let me know if you are posting somewhere and add a link so I can follow along :).

One last reminder! The button bracelet giveaway ends today at 5 pm EST and the winner will be announced at that time! Open to US residents and all you need to do is go here and leave a comment on which of the two colors you'd prefer :) Good luck!

Peace,
Andrea

6 comments:

  1. This is great! I love how the neckline sits. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stand-up collar (waist) is my favorite part! Glad you like it, Helen :)

      Delete
  2. So sweet - and you're right, something about it is so feminine. It gives off the same vibe as a floaty top, even though it's belted. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny! My son's preschool teachers complimented me on my top, but I didn't have enough time to tell them what it used to be ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh how exciting - all pieces cut and ready to go! xx

    ReplyDelete